Monday, April 6, 2009

The living quarters

If there is anyplace that I will be intimately familiar, it will be my room in the apartment building I'm staying at. So, let's take a tour!


This is the front of the building

DK House Warabi. Warabi is the name of the city I'm in. It's a suburb of Tokyo.


Here's the entrance to the building. Much like any traditional Japanese household, we have to take off our shoes before we enter in order to keep the dirt and shoe filth to a minimum.
Here is the kitchen where I shall be enjoying many college student meals of ramen and etc.

This is the common bathroom shared by half the people on this men-only floor.

The lovely washers and dryers outside my room.

Here is my room in its entirety.


There is a lot of storage space. I don't think I've found all of it yet.



Under this thick bed frame are two storage drawers and a hollow where I store the massive suitcase I brought.

The lovely view outside of my window.

I'm still figuring out all the little secrets to this place, especially in my room. It has been furnished to maximize storage space in a way that I never saw in student housing at the University of Kansas. I guess that where there's a need a solution will be found.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. What kind of trees are those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are Sakura trees. More about this later.

    ReplyDelete